Residence Life administers the College's residential housing program and offers students a variety of choices for living on campus. Among other options, students may elect to live in an all first-year building, a transfer student community, or a residential college house. All residences are open to Geneseo student. Residents may also choose to live in All-Gender housing that allows roommate and suitemate groups regardless of gender expression, gender identity, or biological sex assigned at birth.
To help students find their niche socially and academically, every residence hall has a unique community experience designed to engage and connect its residents. Each of Geneseo's Residence Halls are intentional spaces that function to contribute to student learning. Browse our housing options to find the community that's right for you.
Living on Campus this Fall
Each Fall, we welcome our new students to campus and celebrate the return of students who've been away for the summer. This fall will look different, but the spirit is the same. Our aim is to provide our residents with a safe, fulfilling, and successful living and learning experience. Adjusting to life on campus will take time. It will also be worth it.
We could not be more excited to have our residents move in this August! Our word of the year is "Perseverance". The word persevere means to continue in a course of action even in difficulty. Despite the challenges we may endure or obstacles we face, we will demonstrate perseverance.
What will living on campus look like this fall?
- Residents will be wearing masks in the residence halls when they are outside of their rooms. This includes bathrooms, kitchens, laundry rooms, lounges, hallways, and other common areas.
- Cleaners will be around more often to ensure that our residence halls are cleaned to meet NYS guidelines and CDC and DOH hygiene standards.
- Community members will need to be even more diligent about personal hygiene and cleanliness. Thoughtfulness about and attention to hand washing, clothes laundering, space sharing, and equipment borrowing, etc are compulsory.
- Common spaces will be arranged to meet physical distancing standards. Where standards cannot be met, these spaces may be closed.
- Resident Assistant and Hall Council student engagement experiences (SEEs) will be offered in person and virtually. Attendance will be tracked and capped to meet physical distancing recommendations (about 25%) when engagement opportunities are offered in person.
- Move-In procedures will look a bit different. Residents will sign-up for check-in date and time, the number of helpers they can bring is limited to two, move-in volunteers will not be present, and check-in is at the College Stadium. Residents will not leave their vehicle. Staff will go the vehicle, initiate a health screening, and issue an ID and key or code.
- Superior Singles (limited amount) will be available to residents at an increased rate. Medical Singles are still available through the Office of Accessibility.
- Residents will need to complete a daily health screening.
- Students should be thoughtful about what they pack and bring to campus.
- Residence Life staff will be prepared to implement an urgent move-out plan should health conditions necessitate a suspension of residential operations.
Guests and Visitation
- Residence Hall access will be limited to those who are assigned to that particular building.
- Guests, visitors, and other students or residents are not permitted to enter a residence hall that is not the one to which they are assigned.
- Residents are not permitted to visit another resident's room (even within the same residence hall).
Information & Announcements
- Remote learning period permission to stay rules and regulations
- Residences hall and living-learning communities
- Important dates and deadlines for on-campus students
- Campus maps
- Orientation and New Student Programs
- : Housing applications and information.
- Weeks of Welcome: During the first few weeks of the fall semester, we welcome our incoming students to campus with a variety of fun events.
- Getting mail
- On-campus room rates
MacVittie College Union 319
One College Circle
Geneseo, NY, 14454